about shop contact sponosr home

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Autumn: UK vs US Guest Post by Emma of Missish

First of all let me just say how excited I am to be sponsoring Mary Rebecca's lovely blog this month! Thank you so much Mary Rebecca for this opportunity!


I'm Emma and I blog over at Missish!


So, since the theme of all of the sponsors of Mary Rebecca's blog this month is supposed to be autumn and/or Halloween related, I thought I'd do a post about the differences between autumn here in the UK versus autumn in the States.
Whenever UK bloggers mention how excited they are about autumn, I'm always a little sceptical. Really? I think to myself, you're excited about it being cold and rainy? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of autumn being as romantic as it seems in photos, but for the most part, three-quarters of a British autumn is spent being too cold and too rainy. It's when I see lists like this that I wish I lived in the States, because autumn seems so much more fun over there!


Fall list
(from weheartit)

I have NO CLUE what a hay ride is, but it sounds like a lot of fun! As does going to a pumpkin patch - lots of bloggers that I follow have done posts recently in which they've been to a pumpkin patch, but I'm not sure we even have them here in the UK. We just get our pumpkins (if we get one at all) from a supermarket. Doesn't sound as much fun, does it?
There seem to be so many autumn (sorry, fall) traditions in the US that we just don't have here in the UK. And that was making me sad. But then I found this list of good things about autumn, and it made me a bit happier:


Fall list 2
(from weheartit)

Because all of those things are most definitely applicable to autumn here in the UK. It reminded me how much I love layering clothes, putting on a scarf and going out for a walk just after it's rained, then coming home to curl up on the sofa in front of a fireplace, watch TV and eat soup. It's very British and that's how I like it ♥





-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary: Such a great post Emma!  Hay-rides are much more romantic in people's minds than they actually are I think.  They usually consist of a flat trailer bed filled with hay pulled by a slow moving tractor or truck around a field or farm for about 5-15 minutes.  I think they are more aimed for younger children, but it's still a nice tradition to have, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...