about shop contact sponosr home

Friday, September 23, 2011

Grad School: 1st Quarter Down!

I have officially finished my first quarter in grad school!  I learned a lot, met some great new people, and had a mini-meltdown while trying to get everything ready for critique.  Yano, the usual.
So today I thought I would show you some of the work I created during this 1st quarter.  There are other pieces, but they were more technical projects, and aren't terribly exciting.



This first project is where I had to look at the magazine Garden&Gun and then make a mock cover, title page, and 2 page spread for it.  Since I was already craving the cooler months, I decided to base mine around gourds and the decorative nature people can use them in.

All art direction and photography is done by me. I'm still learning with type, so I had some guidance when it came to that.



Cover:




Title Page:




Two Page Spread:




This second project is where I had to shoot a portrait and then do beauty retouching on the image. This shoot ended up being a lot of fun and I will have more images to show from it very soon!



:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...