Today I wanted to share a super easy tutorial on how to make your own gift bows. I love making these for presents because you can customize the colors to match your gift wrapping or just the person's personality! :D
1. Cut out strips from paper of choice. I like to recycle magazine pages that have colors/prints I like. You don't have to be super exact when you cut them out--as you can see mine are far from perfect. Just remember-- the bigger and more strips you use, the bigger and fuller your bow will be!
2. Twist one side down and hold it halfway down the strip.
3. Repeat with other end.
4. Punch brad through middle, making sure you get both ends. You might want to make a hole with something sharp and then place the brad in--they tend to just bend when using them alone.
5. Keep repeating steps 2-4 until you have a bow you like. Remember to place the pieces at different angles on the brad to get a bow shape.
6. Once you're done adding pieces close the brad to hold everything in place.
7. OPTIONAL: Cut some bottom ribbon pieces out of a spare strip and add to brad before closing.
8. Use tape to attach to your present...or your cat! [I actually didn't use any tape on my cat]
Hope you guys enjoyed my tutorial! :D