about shop contact sponosr home

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What I Wore: ACRO-CATS!


Outfit Details
Dress: Forever21
Skull Jacket: Ebay
Red Tights:c/o We Love Colors
Blk/Grey Knee Hights: c/o We Love Colors
Boots: Bodyline
Monocle Necklace: handmade by me


I first heard about the Acro-Cats on the TV show Must Love Cats. I don't think the show is on anymore-- the host was also pretty insufferable. However, the Acro-Cats were great! So when Matt said they were coming to town, I knew we had to go see them! 

Samantha fosters and adopts cats and clicker trains them to do cute tricks. She then takes the show on the road to raise awareness about clicker training, and to also find homes for the foster cats. Aside from the Acro-Cats there is also Tuna and the Rock Cats! They are a 4 cat and one hen band!

The show was so cute, and sometimes a bit surreal. Unfortunately, they were playing at a venue right in Little 5 Points on the day of the L5P Halloween event/parade, so their turnout was really low. [besides the 7 of us they went together, there was only 2 other people] I know there are fellow crazy cat ladies that read my blog, so if you have a chance to see Samantha and her Acro-Cats, I would recommend checking them out! [there is a list of tour dates on the site] You can tell she really cares for each and every cat and I think it's great she's made it her mission to find homes for so many of them.

Oh, and if you do get a chance to see the show, definitely buy a cat toy [or 5] from the merch table! They weren't kidding when they said the catnip inside was potent. I bought my cats a catnip taco and fortune cookie and they went INSANE! Even Nibbler was all over them and she usually doesn't care for catnip.
Several of us also bought Samantha's clicker training kit. I can't speak for anyone else, but Stinker and Creeper are having a lot of fun learning. [Nibbler freaks out if you point anything at her]

I apologize in advance for the picture quality.  All I had was my camera phone, and as some of you know, it's on the fritz. [by the time I post this I should have taken it to Apple--so hopefully it works again]

The sign Samantha is holding in the bottom right photo says, "Who's Number One?" and that cat is raising his hand. d'awwww

Tuna is on left with her cow bell and Pinky on right with her guitar.
 
Me with the band [they were the Skele-Cats since it was a Halloween show] and a random hedgehog they had.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...