about shop contact sponosr home

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ginger Tea Recipe Guest Post by Melanie of The Sweet and Lovely


Hi everybody, this is Melanie from The Sweet and Lovely blog. I'm so stocked to do this guest post. I'd like to share with you my all time favorite Tea recipe. Ginger Tea. YUM!! 

I have crohn's disease and suffer from inflammations through out my body. This tea helps to ease and sooth these inflammations. The essential oil of ginger is a real panacea. It contains a lot of vitamin C, iron, calcium and magnesium. It strengthens the immune system, helps my travel sickness and encourages blood flow. (Especially girls get a lot of good from this wonderful root) It gets your metabolism going and heats you up from the inside. A real treat in the fall when the weather changes. It also helps your body to purge built up toxins in your body. I could go on and on about this wonderful root. Like I said, a real panacea :)

So, heres how you do it:


For the basics, all you need is Ginger. 


You can also add some lemon or mint if you don't like the taste of pure ginger. I myself drink it only with ginger and nothing else. I find that lemon and mint make the tea a bit bitter...and I'm not a big fan of bitter.

The more ginger you take the spicier it gets. I highly recommend to start with a small piece of about the size of your pinkie fingernail. You can add more the next time to see how you like it. I like mine really spicy and take about a the size of 1.5 inch. 


Peel your ginger and cut it in to very small pieces. If you want to be really fancy you can crush it in a garlic crusher so you get all those wonderful essential oils out of it. place it in a heat resistant pitcher. Add some lemon slices and some mint leaves if you want and then pour about four cups of boiling hot water over it all. 

Let it steep for a minimum of 10 minutes before you drink. Again, the longer you let it sit, the spicier is gets :)

Important: Make sure to use organic lemons. Using non organic lemons will put toxins in your tea. The hot water will wash out all the toxins that build up in the lemon peel. 

Now all you have to do is poor a cup, snuggle on the couch and enjoy your wonderful tea :)

Hope you enjoy 

xoxoxo
Melanie

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mary: Melanie- I'm sold!  I will definitely be trying this tea out soon. Thank you so much for the tutorial :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...