about shop contact sponosr home

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The August Break 2011 : Aug. 18th



On Monday, Matt and I set the thermostat to 83 degrees Fahrenheit [28 degrees Celsius] and turned off the air conditioning.  Instead we open the windows in the evening and have a fan or two on during the day. It's an experiment to see just how much the A.C. is affecting the overall price of the electric bill. [it was pretty outrageous this last time]

I'm actually sleeping better at night and not waking up in a pool of sweat. I think it's because since the A.C. is not on I'm not rolling myself up in the blankets and then getting too hot. I'm not really having a hard time staying comfortable with the new temperature change, but we do have a few frozen hand towels in the freezer that help cool you down quick if you place them on the back of your neck. The cats are loving the open windows, but I discovered today they also enjoy a cool towel placed over them. heh ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...