about shop contact sponosr home

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blogiversary: D.I.Y earring with The Demure Muse!


 


 
I've known Katrina online for....a lot of years now. heh  She's always been fashionable, creative, and just an all around super sweet girl. So of course I asked her to be apart of my blogiversary and was excited when she sent me this fun tutorial! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 

Hi everyone! I'm Katrina from The Demure Muse! Thanks so much for having me over here at Mary Rebecca's blog. I can usually be found blogging about my daily outfits or kitchen experiments, but today I'm here to share with you one of my most recent craft projects. I'm so excited to celebrate her blogiversary by guest posting a DIY project. :)



Here's a great project that you can complete if you have a bunch of necklaces that you no longer wear. What you'll need:
- two 6mm jump rings
- two or three necklaces (different textures, colors, and link sizes help!)
- a pair of earring hooks
- jewelry-making pliers (a needle-nose works best)

Step 1: Take apart the necklaces and cut up the chain into different lengths. The full length of the earrings can be as long (or short) as you'd like. I kept my earrings symmetrical, so I made sure to cut 2 pieces from each necklace of the same length. 

Step 2: Open one of the 6mm jump rings and begin to "thread" the chains onto the ring. I alternated the gold and silver chains, also staggering the lengths of the chains so they looked like a group of organized chaos!



Step 3: Attach the jump ring to the earring hook. 

Step 4: Rinse & repeat with the other side of the earring hook.



TA-DA! You've got yourself a new pair of earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...