about shop contact sponosr home

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lake Lanier's Magical Nights of Lights


I've been wanting to go see the lights at Lake Lanier for a few years now, so when a Groupon* coupon came up for just that--I jumped at the offer!




 Our friends Mark and Jinah [of Bonjour It's Jinah] joined us on our "magical" adventure as we drove through 7 miles of lights. I thought I would end up taking some nice pictures--but I didn't. Most of the images ended up being taken with my phone, from a moving car, so they came out as just a big mess of not much. Sorry--I was too caught up counting the kids sitting on top of their parent's cars and trying to figure out what person/place/or thing some of the lights were trying to depict.  However, there were some pretty magical moments of lights and we all decided in the end we were glad we went. Plus there were S'MORES at the end of our journey.  You can't go wrong with that!


The moving carousel of lights while we were waiting in line to get in.


Magical Nights of Lights from Mary Rebecca on Vimeo.
You really don't need the sound on for this.

S'MORE TIME!

S'mores from Mary Rebecca on Vimeo.

At the end of the line. They had fake snow spraying from the roof which ended up being foam. Which is what that white spot in my hair it. Later a rogue foam piece struck me right in the eye. ow!
Expensive petting zoo. Most of the animals had called it quits and were all hanging out with Mr. Heat Lamp anyway. Except for that lone goat [or was it a shaved sheep? could not decide] He was just standing so stoic on top of the hay bail.
Hmmm-I promise Jinah was there--we took pictures together! They must be on someone else's device :\

I'm probably not going to make another post until after Christmas-- so I will see you then! :D
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

*Don't use Groupon? You should--I love it! I mainly use it when restaurants I enjoy come up, but it also entices you to try activities you wouldn't normal do because of the price. [Not going to be sneaky--that is a referral link]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...