about shop contact sponosr home

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An update or two

So today has been the first day all month I have been able to sit down at the computer and get a few things done! I'm slowly getting back on track and tomorrow I will have a post talking about my upcoming birthday blog party. :D

For now, I will leave you all with two updates about myself. One good...one not so much.

GOOD
I got my hair cut and colored. I was in the hair show for the reopening of Aveda's Institute here in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. I really like the cut and color. My hair feels so much better! The make-up for the show called for a pale face with only white eyeshadow and red lips.  No eyeliner or mascara. Which unfortunately, is not the most flattering look on me. haha :x  I'm still learning how to style it. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to making my hair look nice-- I usually just wash and let it air dry. 

 



 

 [I look miserable in all of those. haha  I promise I wasn't!]

BAD 
Last week was critique week for me, so last Tuesday I was trying to finish mounting one of my pieces...when it happened.  The dreaded X-Acto blade jumping the ruler and going for your finger. It was bad enough that I went to Urgent Care where they cleaned and dressed the wound and gave me a Tetanus shot. They couldn't reattach the bit I lost so hopefully I won't have a goofy looking finger when it heals. heh  The funny thing about this accident is the piece I was cutting was about times I had hurt myself.  womp womp


And for the people who want to see the blood and gore, the next two images are for you. It's not the worst thing, but if blood freaks you out...don't.click.on.these.links!!!!




.....and to end on a positive note--CHANTILLY MADE HER KICKSTARTER GOAL! I'm sure she's over the moon--thank you to everyone that donated. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...