about shop contact sponosr home

Friday, April 8, 2011

Flashback Friday: 04/08/11 Chattanooga, TN Part 1




These photos were taken in March of 2010. It was my last Spring break as a college undergrad and so Matt and I took a weekend trip up to Chattanooga, TN.  We decided to be complete tourists and hit all the tourist hot spots. We also went spelunking at Raccoon Mountain, which was a BIG DEAL for me because I'm claustrophobic. My anxiety was with me the entire time, but I pushed myself through it, and experienced some really awesome things. The only time my anxiety got the better of me was when the guide wanted to go through this tiny tiny tiiiiny hole they don't usually take larger groups through. [it was just Matt and I] I watched the guide go in, one arm straight out in front, one arm pinned to his side, and then it was my turn, I freaked. Even though the guide was much bigger than me, my brain was telling me I would get stuck and then die in that tiny hole. Luckily, there was another, slightly bigger, way around it and I continued with the rest of the trip. I have a few photos we took with a disposable camera and maybe I'll scan them soon, but you can click on the website above to see some photos. Of course there aren't any of the tiny belly squeezes we went through! We did the Echo Room Expedition if anyone is interested. :)

So after that fun, and super muddy, adventure we hit up Rock City, Ruby Falls, and the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway. [did I mention I'm afraid of heights too? eep] Like I said at the beginning, we took the tourist approach...so here are a lot of pictures of US at the attractions.;X

This man had a boss sweater
The world is not exploding behind him
Made it to the top alive!

Thanks for reading--hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll be posting even MORE guest posts and giveaways through Sunday. :D

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo cool! It's so crazy how we almost come across the same places. I say "almost" because we were going to cross paths in Savannah...and now reading this, Z and I were going to go to those exact spots last year! Haha. Not sure if it was the exact time frame, but we were planning on going, then decided spontaneously to go to Mississippi instead. Loved all of these photos. Looks like you had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...