about shop contact sponosr home

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Pet Monster

Matt and I watched Troll Hunter* last week and it made me think about My Pet Monster... except in my head I morphed them with Pillow People and had a hard time finding what I was actually looking for at first. haha

I never had a My Pet Monster, I think one of my cousins did, but I remember not really caring for it. I don't think I knew it was supposed to be a friendly character, but come on, does this guy look friendly to you?!
(Source 1) (Source 2)

It looks like he was re-designed in 2001 to be given a grin and a nose job--which I can understand why.

(Source)


Now that I think about it, I don't think I had any Pillow People either. Apparently I'm reliving my cousin's childhood memories! :x  The ones I remember the most are these three characters:

PJ Sandman (Source)

Sweet Dreams (Source)

Pillow Fighter (Source)

Did any of you have either of these two toys? Still have them?


*This isn't as scary as the trailer plays it out to be. I really enjoyed it though and the trolls are pretty great. I recommend it. :D

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I never had or heard of any of these. Then again, I was afraid of dolls so my family always gave me books instead. I think I'd have been scared of sleeping with a doll pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, two toys I had COMPLETELY forgotten about, haha! I *think* I had a pillow person, but maybe that was a friend...? I definitely remember playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cath: I've had a lot of nostalgia lately. Yesterday it was all about Polly Pockets!

    M.M.E.: I was never big on stuffed animals as a kid either...but I did have a life size [for a kid] Cookie Monster and Big Bird! haha

    Alli: I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't remember if they actually owned one of those things. haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...